Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
27 Oct, 2021 | 8:12 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): President Gotabaya Rajapaksa has established a ‘Presidential Task Force for One Country, One Law’, by virtue of the powers vested in the President by Article 33 of the Constitution of Sri Lanka.
Ven. Galagodaaththe Gnanasara Thero has been appointed as the Chairman of the 13-member Presidential Task Force for One Country – One Law.
Senior Assistant Secretary to the President, Jeevanthie Senanayake has been appointed as the Secretary to the Presidential Task Force.
The ‘Presidential Task Force for One Country, One Law’, is tasked with the following:
– To make a study of the implementation of the concept; ‘One Country, One Law’ within Sri Lanka and prepare a draft Act for the said purpose
– To study the draft Acts and amendments that have already been prepared by the Ministry of Justice in relation to this subject and their appropriateness and if there are suitable amendments to submit a proposal for the purpose and include them in such relevant draft as is deemed appropriate.
The 13-members of the Presidential Task Force for One Country – One Law are:
– Ven. Galagodaaththe Gnanasara Thero
– Professor Dayananda Banda
– Professor Shanthinandana Wijesinghe
– Professor Sumedha Siriwardana
– N.G. Sujeewa Panditharathna
– Attorney-at-Law Iresh Senevirathne
– Attorney-at-Law Sanjaya Marambe
– Eranda Navarathna
– Pani Wewala
– Moulavi Mohomad
– Lecturer Mohomad Inthikab
– Kaleel Rahuman
– Azeez Nizardeen
The Extraordinary Gazette in this regard was issued on Tuesday (Oct. 26).
30 Jan, 2023 | 03:27 PM
29 Jan, 2023 | 10:28 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]