Written by Zulfick Farzan
05 Jul, 2021 | 11:52 am
COLOMBO (News 1st); Medical teams of the Directorate of Preventive Medicine of the Army on the instructions of General Shavendra Silva, Head, NOCPCO, Chief of Defence Staff and Commander of the Army established new ‘walk in’ Community Vaccination Centres across the country.
The teams commenced administering the first dose of Sinopharm vaccine to civilians from Monday (5).
Accordingly, new Community Vaccination Centres, set up at
– Colombo Army Hospital (Narahenpita)
– Battaramulla Diyatha Uyana
– Panagoda Sri Bodhirajaramaya (Army Temple)
– Werahera-based 1 Sri Lanka Army Medical Corps Regiment HQ
will administer the first dose of the vaccine to all Western Province-based civilians above 30 years of age from 5 July 2021 (Monday) between 8.30 am-4.30 pm.
Proof of permanent residence in the Western Province by way of production of the NIC with Electricity or Telephone Bill or a copy of the Electoral List or a residential proof from the Grama Niladhari is compulsory to receive the vaccine at those places.
Similarly, Army-manned Community Vaccination Centres at
– Galle Vidyaloka Vidyalaya (Galle District)
– Matara Mahinda Rajapaksa Vidyalaya (Matara District)
– Security Force Headquarters-Diyatalawa (Badulla District)
– Anuradhapura Army Hospital (Anuradhapura District)
– Infantry Training School, Minneriya (Polonnaruwa District)
– Kilinochchi Army Base Hospital (Kilinochchi District)
– Mullaittivu Tamil College, Pudukuduirruppu, (Mullaittivu District)
– Mannar BOI Building (Mannar District)
will simultaneously begin the vaccination of civilians over 60 years of age, beginning on Monday (5) during 8.30 am-4.30 pm.
All above 60 years of age in above districts can reach those Centres with proof of their residence.
21 Oct, 2021 | 10:26 AM
20 Oct, 2021 | 06:33 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]