Written by Staff Writer
03 Jul, 2021 | 7:38 am
COLOMBO (News 1st); President Gotabaya Rajapaksa on Friday (02) took steps to provide immediate solutions to five out of seven demands made by the Public Services United Nurses Union.
The President assured to provide solutions to the other two demands from the next Budget.
The President expressed these views at a meeting held with the Public Services United Nurses Union.
Accordingly, President Rajapaksa decided to immediately implement the five demands of,
01. Opening up of a University of Nursing,
02. Reinstatement of staff status which was suspended during the Yahapalana Government’s tenure by circular 32/2017 on 07.12.2017,
03. Reinstatement of the mechanism to make promotions from grade iii to grade ii in five years and Grade ii to Grade i in seven years,
04. Rs.20,000 annual uniform allowance, and
05. Referral of the proposal to consider the current 36-hour working hours as five days (30 hours) a week, to a special committee.
The President also agreed to provide an allowance of Rs. 10,000 and an additional service allowance of 1/100 of the basic salary as mentioned in a circular issued by the Ministry of Finance on 24.12.2014 in the upcoming Budget.
Accordingly, the President provided solutions to all seven demands made by the Public Services United Nurses Union.
The President stressed that the government has the utmost faith in the health sector and will ensure that the nursing service and nurses receive the highest recognition and status.
03 Dec, 2021 | 07:19 PM
03 Dec, 2021 | 05:53 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]