Written by Zulfick Farzan
25 May, 2021 | 12:08 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); The MV X-Press Pearl is burning for the 06th consecutive day in the seas off Sri Lanka’s Colombo Harbour. (This report contains multiple videos)
Here’s what we know so far.
– The container ship ‘X-PRESS PEARL’ made a distress call of a fire that erupted on board on 20th May 2021
– The vessel which is registered under the flag of Singapore
– Cargo: 1486 containers with 25 tons of Nitric Acid, several other chemicals, and cosmetics
– Crew: 25 – Philippine, Chinese, Indian and Russian nationals, and they were evacuated by Sri Lanka Navy.
– On Tuesday (25) morning an explosion was reported from the burning vessel
– 08 freight containers have already fallen into the seas following the explosion
– 02 Indian crew members who were injured from the explosion were rushed to the National Hospital in Colombo
– Sri Lanka will move the vessel 50 nautical miles away from the shore into deep seas to prevent environmental destruction
– Sri Lanka Naval Ship Sindurala and a Fast Attack Craft have been still deployed in the scene of action to assist the ongoing firefighting efforts. The Navy also has made a Navy Tug ready for immediate deployment in the event of any emergency.
15 Jun, 2021 | 07:38 PM
15 Jun, 2021 | 06:07 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]