Written by Zulfick Farzan
24 May, 2021 | 4:36 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka has decided to extend the travel restrictions to 07th June, said Minister Johnston Fernando on Monday (24).
However, travel restrictions will be relaxed on the following day for people to make purchases of essential items from the nearest store.
25th May 2021 (Travel Restrictions will be relaxed from 04 AM to 11 PM)
31st May 2021 (Travel Restrictions will be relaxed from 04 AM to 11 PM)
04th June 2021 (Travel Restrictions will be relaxed from 04 AM to 11 PM)
07th June 2021 (Travel Restrictions will be relaxed from 04 AM to 11 PM)
– Only retail shops, pharmacies, fish & meat stalls, vegetable stalls, and bakeries are allowed to operate when travel restrictions are relaxed.
– Only one person from every household will be allowed to visit the nearest store within walking distance to make purchases.
– Liquor stores will NOT be allowed to open until the 07th of June.
– Further, essential food items can be delivered to residences, and individuals engaged in such services are encouraged to continue this service.
– People will not be permitted to travel using vehicles to make purchases when travel restrictions are relaxed.
– Export industries can continue to operate while strictly adhering to health guidelines, while the Sri Lanka Ports Authority will continue to support exports.
– The Peliyagoda Fish Market will remain closed from the 26th of May to 28th May.
– Sri Lanka Air Force will continue to deploy drones to monitor those violating the quarantine rules and regulations.
– Vehicles displaying the sticker of a Doctor will be inspected as there have reports of people impersonating doctors to violate the quarantine rules and regulations.
– People living in areas that are currently in isolation will not be permitted to leave their residences, due to COVID-19 cases detected from their respective areas.
– Only people involved in essential services will be allowed to travel until the 07th of June.
– Banks (If they are to open) should only operate with minimum staff, as many enterprises are to deposit salaries this week.
FULL PRESS CONFERENCE:
23 Jun, 2021 | 07:29 PM
23 Jun, 2021 | 03:35 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]