Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
08 May, 2021 | 11:50 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): A decision has been reached to allow enterprises under the purview of the Board of Investment (BOI), located in areas that are isolated to continue operations considering the economic significance, the Ministry of Health said in a statement released on Friday (May 07).
However, the following measures should be strictly adhered to when continuing operations:
01. The enterprises located in areas under lockdown can operate with employees residing in non-lockdown areas excluding the categories mentioned below,
– Employees with symptoms suspicious of COVID-19
– Close contacts (1st line of contacts) who are undergoing home quarantine
– Employees from quarantine mandated households even though the employee is not a close contact (1st line of contacts)
02. Employees from areas under lockdown shall not be allowed to work until the lockdown status is lifted.
03. Staff engaged in transporting employees of enterprises should not mix with the community in isolated areas.
04. Enterprises should ensure that they operate in strict adherence to the relevant revised operational guidelines on preparedness and response for COVID-19 outbreak for manufacturing/ apparel industry and other health guidelines pertaining to the functionality of the enterprises issued by the Ministry of Health.
Moreover, strict symptom screening must be carried out on a daily basis and identified employees should be sent to the nearest government hospital (Divisional and above) for testing and further management; a detailed list of symptomatic employees and COVID-19 positive employees identified must be sent to the area Medical Officer of Health (MoH) on a daily basis, the statement bearing the signature of Dr. Asela Gunawardena, the Director-General of Health Services noted.
Additionally, the focal points of enterprises should send the “Workplace COVID-19 Daily Alert Google Form” to the Environmental and Occupational Health Unit of the Ministry of Health on a daily basis. The link to this Google Form has already been shared with all the focal points of BOI enterprises by the Environmental and Occupational Health Unit.
Enterprises should extend their fullest cooperation to the area Medical Officer of Health (MoH) and/ or are Public Health Inspector (PHI) in managing the COVID-19 outbreak situation in their workplaces, the Health Ministry emphasized.
18 Jun, 2021 | 08:52 PM
18 Jun, 2021 | 02:46 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]