Written by Zulfick Farzan
14 Apr, 2021 | 11:40 am
Colombo (News 1st); The Gazette Extraordinary proscribing 11 organizations connected to extremist activities, was made public on Wednesday (14).
The Public Document noted the Regulations may be cited as the Prevention of Terrorism (Proscription of Extremist Organizations) Regulations
In furtherance of the efforts of the Government of Sri Lanka made in good faith for the purpose of ensuring the continuance of peace within the country and in the interest of national security, public order, and the rule of law, the organizations as specified in the Schedule hereto are hereby proscribed.
The organizations are :
01. United Thowheeth Jama’ath – UTJ
02. Ceylon Thowheeth Jama’ath – CTJ
03. Sri Lanka Thowheeth Jama’ath – SLTJ
04. All Ceylon Thowheeth Jama’ath – ACTJ
05. Jamiyathul Ansaari Sunnathul Mohomadiya – JSM
06. Dharul Adhar @ Jamiul Adhar
07. Sri Lanka Islamic Student Movement – SLISM
08. Islamic State of Iraq and Syria
10. Save the Pearls
11. Super Muslim
Any person who acts in contravention of regulation 3 of these regulations, commits an offence, and shall on conviction by the High Court for the Western Province established under Article 154P of the Constitution holden in Colombo, be sentenced to a term of imprisonment not exceeding twenty years.
READ THE FULL GAZETTE BELOW:
28 Sep, 2021 | 09:49 PM
28 Sep, 2021 | 06:09 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]