Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
16 Mar, 2021 | 6:47 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): The Director-General of Health Services confirmed that FIVE (05) COVID-19 deaths were reported in the country on Monday (Mar. 15), raising Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 death toll to 532.
The details of the deceased are as follows:
01. An 86-year-old female from Jaffna. She died on 13.03.2021 while receiving treatment at Jaffna Teaching Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and blood poisoning.
02. A 76-year-old female from Gampaha. She was diagnosed as infected with the COVID-19 virus while receiving treatment at Gampaha District Hospital and transferred to IDH, where she died on 13.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as multiple organ dysfunction, Covid pneumonia, and acute diabetes.
03. A 61-year-old male from Kochchikade. He died on 08.03.2021 while receiving treatment at Colombo-North Teaching Hospital. The cause of death is mentioned as acute kidney damage and liver disease.
04. A 78-year-old male from Pamunugama. He died on 10.03.2021 at his residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid infection, high blood pressure, and acute diabetes.
05. A 94-year-old female from Kalutara-North. She was diagnosed as infected with the COVID-19 virus while receiving treatment at Moratuwa Base Hospital and transferred to Homagama Base Hospital, where she died on 14.03.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as blood poisoning, Covid infection, and acute diabetes.
Meanwhile, another 178 new positive cases were reported on Monday (Mar. 15), raising the COVID-19 caseload in the country to 88,238, the Department of Government Information said.
As of Tuesday morning (Mar. 16), there are 2742 active patients receiving treatment, while 84,969 have recovered, according to the Epidemiology at the Ministry of Health.
26 Sep, 2021 | 03:17 PM
26 Sep, 2021 | 12:08 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]