Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
09 Mar, 2021 | 12:50 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st): A decision has been reached to identify more lands suitable for the burial sites of COVID-19 victims, the country’s top health official said.
All District Secretaries have been instructed to inform the authorities regarding such sites as soon as possible, subject to the criteria issued in this regard, Dr. Asela Gunawardena, the Director-General of Health Services told News 1st on Tuesday (Mar. 09).
Meanwhile, according to Dr. Asela Gunawardena, authorities were informed of another site in the Eastern Province that seems suitable for COVID-19 burials; adding steps are underway to confirm its suitability.
At present, bodies of COVID-19 victims are buried only in Oddamawadi in Batticaloa; so far, nearly 30 such bodies were buried at the site in Oddamawadi, the Director-General of Health Services further noted.
11 Sep, 2021 | 01:25 PM
20 Aug, 2021 | 12:37 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]