Written by Pavani Hapuarachchi
23 Feb, 2021 | 6:45 am
COLOMBO (News 1st): The Director-General of Health Services confirmed that FIVE (05) COVID-19 deaths were reported in the country on Monday (Feb. 22), raising Sri Lanka’s COVID-19 death toll to 450.
The details of the deceased are as follows:
01. A 33-year-old female from Duunagaha. She passed away while receiving treatment at the Kurunegala Teaching Hospital on 20.02.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as acute diabetes and acute kidney infection with COVID-19.
02. An 82-year-old female from Nugegoda. She died on 19.02.2021 at her residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia.
03. A 69-year-old male from Colombo 12. He died on admission to the Colombo General Hospital on 20.02.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as blood poisoning due to COVID-19 and urinary tract infection.
04. An 83-year-old female from Minuwangoda. She was transferred from the Gampaha District Hospital to the Mulleriyawa Base Hospital, where she died on 22.02.2021. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia and acute kidney damage.
05. A 77-year-old male from Colombo 13. He died on 20.02.2021 at hir residence. The cause of death is mentioned as Covid pneumonia, acute diabetes and high-blood pressure.
Meanwhile, another 518 new positive cases were reported on Monday (Feb. 22), raising the COVID-19 caseload in the country to 80,517.
Of the total cases, 487 were associates of the Peliyagoda cluster and three were reported from Prisons, while the remaining 28 are returnees from overseas who tested positive for the virus, reported the Department of Government Information.
As of Tuesday morning (Feb. 23), there are 4957 active patients receiving treatment, while 75,110 have recovered.
26 Feb, 2021 | 01:28 PM
26 Feb, 2021 | 05:09 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]