Written by Zahida Rizvi
16 Mar, 2020 | 3:43 pm
Colombo (News 1st):- Government Medical Officers Association (GMOA) has requested the President to extend the Public Holiday for one week & shut down all ports of entry to the country for two weeks to control possible COVID-19 outbreak
The Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL) has requested the President to close down courthouses from Tuesday 17th to 20th March 2020.
The request is made solely for the purpose of preventing the spreading of the Coronavirus COVID-19 and with the objective of protecting the public and members of the legal profession.
The GMOA has sent the letter to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa.
The letter focuses on 7 factors that need to be considered given the prevailing situation in the country.
limiting the entry of people through of ports and airports in the country and also to take steps to completely shut down the Katunayake airport based on recomendations of the technical committee.
Secondly, instructing suspected patients not to seek treatment at ordinary hospitals.
3. Upgrade facilities at hospitals to face an epidemic in the future.
4. ensure the safety of medical staff
5. publish guidelines on this global epidemic
6. quarantine certain locations in the country similar to what was done in Wuhan and Italy.
7. control the acts of sabatoge conducted by certain medical staff with close connections for Dr. Rajitha Senerathne for political reasons.
22 Sep, 2021 | 09:42 PM
22 Sep, 2021 | 05:59 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]