Gem miner dies of toxic gas poisoning

Gem miner dies of toxic gas poisoning

Gem miner dies of toxic gas poisoning

Written by Staff Writer

29 Dec, 2019 | 9:08 pm

COLOMBO (News 1st) – A gem miner in the Uda-Karawita area in Nivithigala, Ratnapura, died inside the mine. Police suspect the death occurred due to inhaling toxic gas.

It has been revealed that the mine worker who had been working at a gem mine in the 12th post area of ​​Udakarawita had entered the mine at around 3:30 this evening.

Workers said he was unconscious in the mine. Two other workers had entered the mine in an attempt to save him, and they too became unconscious. The other workers had taken them to the Nivitigala Base Hospital.

According to our correspondent, the deceased was a 44-year-old father of 2 and a resident of the Karawita Pin-Kanda area.

The other two employees of the mine are currently receiving treatment at the Nivitigala Base Hospital.

 

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]