Written by Staff Writer
19 Nov, 2019 | 7:43 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Gotabaya Rajapaksa took oaths as the seventh Executive President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka yesterday (November 18).
2. The European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) has concluded that the presidential election was largely free of violence and technically well-managed, but that unregulated campaign spending, abuse of state resources and media bias affected the level playing field.
3. ANFREL notes that voter turnout of 83.6% was a clear indication of the country’s commitment to staying on course of achieving genuine democratic and mature political processes.
4. The flag of the newly elected President of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka Gotabaya Rajapaksa was unveiled yesterday.
5. The U.S. Embassy highlights their preparedness to work with the newly elected President and the general public to support the country’s sovereignty through good governance, economic growth, the advancement of human rights and reconciliation, and in fostering an Indo-Pacific region where all countries can prosper.
6. With the new President being sworn into office the official term of President Maithripala Sirisena the 6th executive president of Sri Lanka came to an end.
7. Market turnover at end of trading yesterday (November 18) at the Colombo Stock Exchange was recorded as Rs. 2413 million.
8. Ashok Abeysinghe steps down as the State Minister of Transport.
9. Patali Champika Ranawaka steps down from the post of Minister of Megapolis and Western Development.
10. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Sri Modi extends an invitation to President Gotabaya Rajapaksa to visit India on a tour.
14 Dec, 2019 | 10:32 PM
14 Dec, 2019 | 10:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]