Written by Lethonkie Fernando
25 Oct, 2019 | 7:20 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. The Ceylon Teachers Union has lodged a complaint with the National Elections Commission stating that national schools in the country have enrolled a number of students exceeding its usual numbers, targetting the upcoming Presidential election.
2. In a motor collision reported from Muwanpalessa, Minneriya one person was confirmed dead while 60 others were injured. The head-on collision between two buses had occurred along the Colombo-Batticoloa main road.
3. Three suspects who were in possession of heroin, ICE and Kerala ganja have been arrested at Boralanda, Keppetipola when they were transporting the drugs in a three-wheeler.
4. The Department of Meteorology states that an increase in the expected rainfall could occur tomorrow (October 25) afternoon in certain areas of the Western, North Eastern, Sabaragamuwa provinces and in the Galle and Matara districts.
5. The Presidential Commission probing into irregularities at state institutions within the past four years has concluded the investigations on six complaints received at the commission while seven other complaints are nearing its conclusion stage.
6. The official polling cards of the upcoming Presidential election are due to be handed over to the post offices today (October 25) at all district secretariat offices.
7. The election manifesto of SLPP Presidential candidate, Gotabaya Rajapaksa is due to be presented to the general public today (October 25).
8. The Department of Archaeology states that a complaint has been lodged with the police regarding the bulldozing of a land with ancient artefacts belonging to the Anuradhapura era located in Omanthai, Maligei in Jaffna.
9. Five suspects who were involved in several robberies in Guruthalawa, Welimada have been arrested by the Bogahakumbura Police Division.
10. Sri Lanka Police is continuing to investigate the murder of 18-year-old youth in Pannipitiya, during the early hours on Wednesday. Ten people have been arrested over the homicide and they have been remanded by the Gangodawila Magistrate’s Court.
“A man sees in the world what he carries in his heart.”
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
18 Oct, 2019 | 06:41 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]