Written by Staff Writer
22 Oct, 2019 | 8:47 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Meteorological Department noted that showers or thundershowers will occur in Western, Sabaragamuwa and Northern provinces and in Galle, Matara, and Puttalam districts.
2. Distribution of postal votes for the upcoming Presidential Election commenced from last evening (October 21).
3. Five persons who attempted to illegally enter Sri Lanka by boat were arrested by the Sri Lanka Navy.
4. Former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando provided a statement to the Police Unit of the Presidential Commission probing fraud and corruption in the present government, for more than 02 hours.
5. The United National Party has invited Gotabaya Rajapaksa for an American style debate on their policies.
6. The National Elections Commission said a total of 1,134 complaints of election law violations and violence had been reported so far.
7. During search operations carried out in the seas off Pulmoddai and Poduwakattu, the Navy arrested 14 people for using unauthorized fishing nets.
8. Sri Lanka Navy discovered a large haul of 27 kilograms of beedi leaves close to a fishing village in Nachchikuda.
9. The Ministry of Health said so far this year, 55,894 dengue patients were reported, They note that this is, in fact, a rapid increase compared to last year.
10. President Maithripala Sirisena left for Japan to attend the enthronement ceremony of His Majesty Emperor Naruhito.
14 Aug, 2022 | 08:36 PM
14 Aug, 2022 | 06:28 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]