Written by Staff Writer
10 Oct, 2019 | 6:51 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Sri Lanka (147 for 7) beat Pakistan (134 for 6) by 13 runs.
2. Three people were arrested by the Sri Lanka Navy with the assistance of Sri Lanka Police for the possession of elephant pearls or ‘gajamuthu’ in Akkaraipattu.
3. Colombo Chief High Court Judge Vikum Kaluarachchi ruled that bail granted to IGP Pujith Jayasundara and former Defence Secretary Hemasiri Fernando is in violation of the law. The duo were remanded later yesterday (October 9).
4. Fitch ratings has expressed concerns over the Central Bank’s recent step to reduce lending rates on rupee-denominated loans.
5. Police suspect that the shooting in Jampettah Street, Colombo was a result of a dispute between two underworld gangs, 4 teams deployed to investigate.
6. Nimal Siripala de Silva noted that following lengthy discussions, that the SLFP has decided to pledge their support to Gotabaya Rajapaksa with the blessings of the President under certain conditions.
7. Two Indians have been arrested in Suduwella, Madampe for violating visa rules.
8. In the 12-day railway workers strike action, the Department of Railways lost a mammoth Rs. 1920 million in revenue.
9. Singer Madumadawa Aravinda has resigned from his position as Assistant Leader of the Pivithuru Hela Urumaya.
10. The National Elections Commission said the Government Printer will be handed over the responsibility of printing ballot papers for the November presidential election in the coming days.
21 Oct, 2019 | 12:05 PM
21 Oct, 2019 | 08:31 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]