Written by Nathasha De Alwis
18 Sep, 2019 | 6:25 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The National Dengue Control Unit states that the spread of dengue in 7 districts including Colombo has increased.
2. The Government Medical Officers Association (GMOA) has launched a 24-hour strike from 8 am today to 8 pm tomorrow.
3. The Attorney General informs the Colombo High Court that he is prepared to continue with the bribery case filed over allowing Avant Garde Maritime Service to operate a floating armoury, in the absence of the second accused, Avant-Garde Chairman Major Nissanka Senadhipathi.
4. 8 Police Officers including the OIC of the Chilaw anti-vice unit were interdicted for reportedly extorting money from a group of suspects who were gambling.
5. National Building Research Organization issues early landslide warnings for Ratnapura, Nuwara Eliya, and Kalutara districts.
6. The Fundamental Rights Petition filed by IGP Pujith Jayasundara, who was sent on compulsory leave to be considered by the Supreme Court on November 13th.
7. Colombo Magistrate, Kanchana Niranjana de Silva ordered the organized criminal gang leader and drug trafficker Mohamed Najib Mohamed Imran also known as Kanchipani Imran to be remanded until October 1st.
8. Elpitiya residents submit a fundamental rights petition to the Supreme Court requesting Elpitiya PS elections not to be held using the list of electoral candidates from 2017.
9. Leader of the Sri Lanka Muslim Congress and Minister Rauff Hakeem said the SLMC would support the most popular presidential candidate from the UNP and believes it is Minister Sajith Premadasa.
10. Speaker Karu Jayasuriya issues a statement signalling that he intends to run for presidency adding the Maha Sangha and many intellectuals requested him to do so citing several special reasons.
19 Oct, 2019 | 08:51 AM
20 Oct, 2019 | 08:42 PM
20 Oct, 2019 | 07:59 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]