Written by Nathasha De Alwis
21 Aug, 2019 | 7:23 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The Supreme Court dismisses three petitions challenging the private member’s bill to abolish the death penalty.
2. The Department of Railways will launch a pilot project on Saturday (August 24) to move Colombo’s garbage to the Aruwakkalu Sanitary Landfill Site by train.
3. A man suspected of aiding and abetting the assassination of the head jailer of the Welikada Prison Training School arrested by Police.
4. The outgoing Commander of the Sri Lanka Army Lieutenant General Mahesh Senanayake promoted to the rank of General.
5. The Welisara Magistrate Court orders to detain and interrogate the suspects who were arrested with Hash and ICE worth Rs. 10 million for 7 days.
6. A Sri Lanka Army Special Forces parachuter dies in a skydiving accident in Uhana, Ampara.
7. Japanese Peace Envoy Yasushi Akashi presented with the Sri Lanka Rathna title, the first-ever highest national honour conferred on non-nationals in order to recognize his distinguished and exceptional service rendered towards the nation.
8. A mother of two, who is suspected of throwing a new-born into the Castlereagh reservoir arrested by the Hatton Police Crimes Division.
9. Sixteen individuals who had been planning to migrate unlawfully to Australia by boat, arrested by the Police STF and the Sri Lanka Navy.
10. Leader of the House Minister Lakshman Kiriella informs Parliament that the Land Grants (Special Provisions) Bill will be withdrawn from the parliament order books.
23 Sep, 2019 | 04:42 PM
23 Sep, 2019 | 04:24 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]