Written by Staff Writer
02 Aug, 2019 | 9:46 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st): Speaking at a press conference held in Colombo today (August 2), Minister Harin Fernando says that he was told that someone from the government had asked to remove him from his portfolio because he is supporting Sajith. He says that this is the very reason why he had told them to do so because he is well aware that all these positions are only temporary. Further, Harin states that one of the people who asked to remove him clearly has an issue with Sajith, while the other two have issues in supporting another candidate and have also tried to get involved with Sri Lanka Cricket.
The Minister firmly states that he is not afraid for speaking out his choice to support because the decision to appoint the current leader of the UNP as the candidate is wrong when there is a candidate capable of winning. He says that although he cannot speak for Sajith’s good or bad behaviour that he will go with him if he is who the people suggest and that as a Minister representing Badulla, that he will go with the majority decision of the Badulla MPs, who support him.
Harin also stated that if they remove him this time as well for having a straight opinion on the matter, just like they had done previously, that he has no issues whatsoever because he will only make the right decision. He further says that if he (Sajith) does not become a candidate that he will lose the confidence he has in politics, while also saying that he personally feels there is no possibility for the UNP to win if not. The Minister added that he will also take a personal decision to leave politics for five years to take care of himself and come back within five years.
02 Sep, 2021 | 03:12 PM
16 Jun, 2021 | 10:32 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]