Written by Staff Writer
28 Jun, 2019 | 7:30 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. Railway trade unions launched another one-day strike. Finance Minister says demands of the railway employees cannot be met.
2. Extension of emergency regulations by a month passed without a vote in parliament on Thursday.
3. UPFA MP Dinesh Gunawardene states that the constitutional crisis between the President and the PM has led to an economic crisis.
4. JVP MP Bimal Ratnayake and trade unions of the People’s Bank continue to state that plans are in place to privatise the bank through the amendment of the Banking Act.
5. Names of five new members to the Public Utilities Commission (PUCSL) proposed to the Constitutional Council, amidst allegations that cabinet is attempting to reduce its regulatory powers.
6. Nine luxury buses, worth Rs 153.9mn, handed over to the Sri Lanka Transport Board.
7. Transparency International Sri Lanka once again called on the 225 members of parliament to publicly disclose their declarations of assets and liabilities.
8. Two people died and two others sustained injuries when a mound of earth collapsed in Pothupitiya, Kalawana on Thursday (June 27).
9. Colombo High Court served indictments against former DIG Anura Senanayake, for allegedly concealing information regarding the murder of rugby player Wasim Thajudeen.
10. Police have seized cocaine from a Brazilian air force officer who was due to accompany Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro home from the G20 summit in Japan.
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]