Written by Staff Writer
31 May, 2019 | 6:30 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. President Maithripala Sirisena reiterates that he did not receive any prior intel on the 04/21 terror attacks.
2. Police media spokesperson SP Ruwan Gunasekera denies rumours regarding the lack of security at schools and urged the public not to be misled by such rumours.
3. Attorney General’s Department to institute legal action against Minister Ravi Karunanayake for providing false evidence before the Presidential Commission of Inquiry into the Treasury Bond issue.
4. Attorney General instructs acting IGP C.D. Wickremeratne to ensure enforcement of traffic laws equally across the country following media reports.
5. More than 100 people belonging to 24 families in the Holyrood area in Talawakelle displaced as a result of a fire that erupted in the line houses.
6. All faculties at the University of Kelaniya except the Medical Faculty closed until further notice following student opposition against security measures.
7. GMOA requests the President to remove Minister of Health Dr Rajitha Senaratne from his position with immediate effect.
8. CMC’s failed smart garbage bins project to be vested in a different company in violation of tender procedures.
9. Narendra Modi was sworn in for a second term as India’s Prime Minister after his party won a landslide majority in the recent election.
10. CRICKET WORLD CUP: England beat South Africa by 104 runs in World Cup opener
“The key is not the will to win… everybody has that.
It is the will to prepare to win that is important.”
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]