Written by Staff Writer
23 May, 2019 | 6:30 am
Colombo (News1st) –
Your Thursday Morning Brief
1. Extraordinary Gazette issued extending emergency regulations by one month.
2. Attorney General calls for a criminal investigation against the former Defence Secretary, the State Intelligence Chief, the IGP, the Commanding Officer of the STF and the Senior DIG of the Western Province.
3. Motion to appoint a Parliamentary Select Committee to investigate the April 21st terror attacks approved in Parliament.
4. Tense situation reported in Parliament on Wednesday (May 22) as opposition pushed for a date for No confidence motion against Minister Bathiudeen.
5. 32 individuals who were remanded for causing unrest in the Minuwangoda town, granted bail.
6. OIC of the Wellampitiya Police transferred with immediate effect to the Galle Division.
7. President instructs security officials not to close roads, in a manner which causes inconvenience to the public, in order to facilitate VIP vehicular movement.
8. School system will be restructured with Singaporean help – PM Ranil Wickremesinghe
9. Cannot achieve FDI targets for 2019 due to the terror attack and mob violence – Minister Malik Samarawickrama
10. Six people killed and 200 injured during mass rallies in Jakarta against the re-election of Indonesian President Joko Widodo.
Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”
08 Dec, 2019 | 08:45 PM
30 Nov, 2019 | 08:36 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]