Written by Staff Writer
03 May, 2019 | 8:25 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
Your Friday Morning Brief
1. Police Media Spokesperson SP Ruwan Gunasekera stated that a search operation is underway at a private factory that manufactures steel rods in Ekala, Ja-Ela.
2. Acting director of the Ampara General Hospital informed, that the spouse and child of suicide bomber injured in the Saindamaruthu area have recovered after minor surgeries and are in good health.
3. Education Minister Akila Viraj Kariyawasam stated that schools will resume on May 06 for the second term.
4. Met department stated that cyclone ‘FANI’ is likely to move north-northeastwards, moving away from the island.
5. The controversial education institution under construction in the Batticaloa district known as the Batticaloa Campus was started in 2013 during the Mahinda Rajapaksa tenure. Minister of Higher Education Rauff Hakeem confirmed that the UGC had not granted approval.
6. Minister of Finance Mangala Samaraweera will lead the Sri Lankan delegation to the 52nd Annual Meeting of the Board of Governors of the Asian Development Bank.
7. It was revealed that the terrorist who planned the Easter Sunday attacks had a large sum of money, and a lot of the stash was found in bundles of Rs. 5,000 notes.
8. The police conducted a raid on the house of a close associate of Mohamed Kissam Mohomad Rilwan who died in the blast in Saindamarthu, Kalmunai. The two suspects, a suicide vest, mobile phones and ATM cards were taken into police custody.
9. The Divaina newspaper reported that the Turkish Ambassador had warned Sri Lankan authorities that 50 members of a terrorist organization in Turkey had entered the island.
10. Fort Magistrate Ranga Dissanayake ordered the Government Analyst to conduct a DNA test with blood samples obtained from the daughter of the terrorist who carried out the suicide attack at the Kingsbury Hotel, in order to confirm his identity, and thereafter submit a report to the court
22 Jun, 2019 | 07:48 PM
20 Jun, 2019 | 09:27 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]