Written by Reuters
23 Apr, 2019 | 3:39 pm
Reuters – About 500 people were evacuated on Tuesday (April 23) from the Sydney Opera House concourse and adjoining restaurants following a gas leak, firefighters said as they monitored the atmosphere for gas levels.
Fire and Rescue New South Wales said on Twitter gas company workers were fixing the problem. It did not provide any further information on the type of gas or the cause of the leak.
Australian media reported that the leak happened when a low-pressure gas main was hit during construction at the venue. No injuries were reported.
The World Heritage-listed Opera House with its sail-like roofs is one of the world’s most distinctive buildings and Australia’s most famous landmark.
18 Aug, 2019 | 04:13 PM
16 Jul, 2019 | 09:01 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]