Written by Staff Writer
19 Apr, 2019 | 8:03 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. CEB is yet to provide PUCSL with information and data on the agreement it has reached to purchase power from the private sector.
2. Min. Sajith Premadasa says he is prepared to use the state power to serve the people. He said that he will never betray his party or it’s leadership and that he refused to accept the Premiership on 71 occasions.
3. United Nations to continue its support to the people of Sri Lanka and its agenda on reconciliation and sustainable development.
4. “(Sajith) Premadasa is a leader who is accepted by the entire nation, and the UNP is safeguarded because of him” – Vijith Priyantha, former UNP Western Provincial Councilor.
5. Sri Lanka’s first research satellite RAAVANA-1 launched.
6. Approximately 600,000 people in 20 districts are facing a severe water crisis due to the prevailing heat wave – statement by the Disaster Management Centre.
7. 28-year-old from Makola, Kiribathgoda arrested by Police STF for the possession of heroin (5kg).
8. A petition filed by Makandure Madush, challenging the decision to deport him to Sri Lanka, was taken up in a court in Dubai yesterday (April 18). The court’s decision will be announced on May 2nd.
9. Sri Lanka Cricket squad for the 2019 ICC World Cup announced. Dimuth Karunaratne appointed as the skipper.
10. Final rites observed for the 10 people killed in the accident in Mahiyanganaya on Wednesday (April 17).
18 Oct, 2019 | 10:33 PM
17 Oct, 2019 | 02:59 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]