Written by Lethonkie Fernando
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 am
COLOMBO (News1 st) –
1. State Minister Ranjan Ramanayake revealed in parliament yesterday (March 17) that three large scale ethanol smugglers of the country are MPs from the Joint Opposition and that one large scale ethanol smuggler is from the ruling party.
2. SLFP MP S.B. Dissanayake says they abstained from voting in the budget to protect unity within the party.
3. During the budget debate on the expenditure of the Housing Ministry yesterday (March 16) UPFA MP Kanchana Wijesekara noted that the amount of staff allocated to the Ministry from the Hambantota district has exceeded its usual limit of 64. The Ministry currently has a staff of 1175.
4. Addressing a Bala Mandala meeting in Kurunegala, the JVP leader claimed that the current status of Sri Lankan politics has become a license to commit theft.
5. The Chairman of the Embilipitiya Pradeshiya Sabha, M.K. Amila has been stripped of his powers as both the chairman and PS member over an incident of assaulting two police officers a year ago.
6. The main suspect of the New Zealand mass shooting which claimed the lives of 49 people was charged with murder and remanded till the 05th of April yesterday (March 16).
7. A haul of Kerala Ganja valued at over Rs. 13.3 million has been discovered in a joint operation conducted by the Sri Lanka Navy and the Police Narcotics Bureau this morning (March 17).
8. The Registrar General’s Department points out that 40 – 50% of the land deeds in Sri Lanka are forged documents.
9. Five suspects including three women have been arrested by the officials of the STF stationed in Jaffna for interrupting their duties during the arrest of a group of people who were engaging in illegal sand mining.
10. Several areas of the Western, Sabaragamuwa, Central provinces, as well as the Galle and Matara districts, is to experience rainy weather today (March 17).
PREPARE FOR A RAINY DAY AHEAD!!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
18 Oct, 2019 | 06:41 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]