Written by Lethonkie Fernando
04 Feb, 2019 | 8:41 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The CID has launched an investigation into an ATM scam where money has been robbed through the ATM machines of certain private and state sector banks.
2. The trade union action launched by the Sri Lanka Customs against the removal of the former Director-General P. S. M. Charles entered its sixth consecutive day today (February 04).
3. The Importer’s Association noted that all wholesale shops will be closed tomorrow (February 05) due to the ongoing custom protests.
4. The leader of the House Lakshman Kiriella says a special parliament selection committee will be appointed to amend the laws pertaining to elections.
5. 545 prison inmates imprisoned over minor offenses will receive Presidential pardon in line with the 71st National day today (February 04).
6. The UPFA noted that they will seek judicial assistance against the proposal of a National government put forward by the Leader of the House Lakshman Kiriella.
7. Convenor of the Voice against Corruption, Wasantha Samarasinghe says that the management of the Sri Lankan Airlines is responsible for the current financial mess faced by the national carrier.
8. The Department of Excise noted that all liquor bars should remain closed today (February 04) due to the National Day celebrations.
9. Train operations along the Hatton-Badulla route was disrupted last night (February 03) when a train transporting goods had derailed in Kotagala, Hatton.
10. The 71st National day celebrations of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka falls for today (February 04).
HAVE AN INDEPENDENT MONDAY!
15 Nov, 2019 | 06:35 AM
25 Oct, 2019 | 07:20 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]