Written by Staff Writer
28 Jan, 2019 | 9:41 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Two groups of Police officers have been deployed in search of two businessmen who have been reported missing for 4 days.
2. US 7th Fleet Spokesperson Lt. Joe Keiley states that the ongoing operation by the US Navy at the BIA would bring Rs. 25 million to Sri Lanka’s economy.
3. Three suspects have been arrested while in possession of 110 Kilograms of Kerala Ganja in Valvettithurai.
4. The Uttara Devi train began its maiden journey from Colombo Fort to Kankasanthurai yesterday (Jan 27) under the patronage of President Maithripala Sirisena.
5. Deputy speaker Ananda Kumarasiri noted that attention has been focused on opening all Parliamentary committee meetings to the media.
6. Minister Daya Gamage stated that steps are been taken to provide Samurdhi subsidies for another 800,000 people.
7. The Ministry of Finance and Mass Media issuing a release said that a loan scheme will be introduced for migrant workers and three-wheel drivers.
8. The Department of Agriculture has taken measures to import 20,000 Pheromone traps to control Sena caterpillar infestation.
9. The Colombo Naval Exercise 2019 (CONEX 19) was inaugurated onboard SLNS Sindurala yesterday (Jan 27).
10. The Public Utility Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL) inquired from the Ceylon Electricity Board regarding the sudden urgency to purchase power.
18 Jul, 2019 | 07:35 PM
18 Jul, 2019 | 06:01 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]