Written by Nathasha De Alwis
29 Nov, 2018 | 7:34 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. Parliament will convene at 10.30 AM today (November 29).
2. Party leaders meeting will be held at the parliamentary premises at 9 AM today (November 29).
3. The governing party MPs will convene for their parliamentary group meeting at 8.30 AM today (November 29).
4. The Cabinet yesterday (November 28) approved Vote-on-Account to draw money to run the government.
5. A group of 30 Indian employees in Sri Lanka lodged a complaint at the Galewela Police charging that they have not received remuneration for three months.
6. Chief of Defence Staff Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne was remanded until the 05th of December by Fort Magistrate Ranga Dissanayake.
7. Sri Lanka plans to import 10 train engines and 6 power-sets from India.
8. The first ever missile and multi-barrel rocket launcher produced in Sri Lanka was on public display for the first time yesterday (November 28).
9. The Central Bank of Sri Lanka issues smaller coins which are more cost effective to produce.
10. The Sri Lankan Rupee depreciated even further to a new record low of Rs. 182.27 against the US Dollar yesterday (November 28).
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 AM
03 Mar, 2019 | 07:30 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]