Written by Lethonkie Fernando
05 Nov, 2018 | 9:25 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Department of Meteorology has issued a weather advisory on a low-pressure area developing over the southern region of the Bay of Bengal and that it is likely to move towards Sri Lanka.
2. In a gazette notification issued yesterday (November 04), President Maithripala Sirisena has called for parliament to be reconvened on the 14th of this month.
3. MP Venerable Athuraliye Rathana Thero made an announcement to support the President and the current caretaker government.
4. UPFA rally ‘Jana Mahimaya Rally’ is scheduled to begin at 12 noon from the parliamentary roundabout today (November 05). A special traffic plan will be in effect covering all roads surrounding the parliament.
5. Dinesh Gunawardena, Vasudeva Nanayakkara, Keheliya Rambukwella and UNP MP R. D. Ashoka Priyantha were sworn in as Ministers yesterday (November 04).
6. NDTV reported that the US and Japan have frozen development aid to Sri Lanka due to the current political uncertainty.
7. The Consumer Affairs Authority has launched an island-wide probe to crackdown on all vendors selling items at higher prices than the stipulated price.
8. A cabinet meeting is scheduled for 9.30 am this morning (November 05). President Maithripala Sirisena will chair this meeting.
9. Sri Lanka Podujana Peramuna Pradeshiya Sabha member, L. H. Shantha was shot and later succumbed to his injuries yesterday (November 04) in Hakmana, Matara.
10. All Tamil schools in the Central, Northern, and Uva provinces will be closed today (November 05) for Deepavali celebrations.
1. Bahrain’s opposition leader, Sheikh Ali Salman, has been handed a life sentence after the Court of Appeal found him guilty of spying for Qatar.
1. England wicketkeeper Jonny Bairstow has been ruled out of the first Test against Sri Lanka on Tuesday (November 06) due to an ankle injury.
HAVE A CELEBRATIVE MONDAY !!
05 Jul, 2019 | 06:50 AM
16 Jun, 2019 | 12:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]