Written by Nathasha De Alwis
23 Oct, 2018 | 9:32 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The value of the Rupee against the US Dollar hit a record low yesterday (October 22) when the selling price was recorded at Rs. 173.38.
2. Regulatory framework has been put in place to enable Sri Lankan companies to conduct E-Commerce transactions with overseas customers.
3. Three-wheeler drivers without meters will be brought before the court, said the National Council for Road Safety.
4. A 44-year-old was killed in a shooting that took place in Dahampahala Road, Urubokka, Matara yesterday (October 22).
5. Customs Officials at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) arrested an individual who attempted to smuggle foreign currency over Rs. 6.4 million out of the country.
6. The Sri Lanka Army disputes all allegations of the Sri Lankan Commander assigned to the UN peacekeeping force in Mali guilty of any Human Right violations.
7. Indictment were filed against Chanuka Upendra Ratwatte and 05 others at the Colombo High Court for operating a financial institution without the approval of the CBSL.
8. Several roads falling under the purview of the Maligawatta Police Division will be closed from 12.30 PM today.
9. The government is exploring the possibility of releasing inmates over the age of 70.
10. DIG Nalaka De Silva summoned to the Criminal Investigation Department for the fourth day.
1. U.S. President Donald Trump said that he is unsatisfied with Saudi Arabia’s explanations of what happened to missing journalist Jamal Khashoggi, but he does not want to lose investment from Riyadh.
1. The 5th and final ODI between Sri Lanka and England is set to take place at the R. Premadasa Cricket Stadium, later today.
21 Jul, 2019 | 03:35 PM
16 Jul, 2019 | 09:33 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]