Written by Lethonkie Fernando
22 Oct, 2018 | 9:53 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The protest launched by several inmates of the Angunukolapelessa prison against the search operation by the Police STF yesterday (October 21) is still ongoing.
2. National Council on road safety stated that the Police have the authority to arrest and put before the court all three-wheeler drivers that run without a meter.
3. Susuhumpala, Masmaduwa area along the Kandy-Peradeniya old road has collapsed due to heavy rainfall.
4. The Cost of Living Committee is set to reduce prices of Supiri Samba to Rs. 108 and Nadu rice to Rs. 88. The prices are set to further decline with effect from January next year.
5. Brother of Australian cricketer Usman Khawaja has been questioned over the threats written in Kameer Nizamdeen’s notebook.
6. Due to the high taxes imposed on Gold, the annual revenue of the industry has fallen to Rs. 35 million from the usual Rs. 100 million.
7. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi has expressed his concern and disappointment in the Sri Lankan government due to the long delay in implementing Indo Lanka Joint development projects.
8. Train collisions have claimed the lives of two elephants and injured another.
9. Four individuals were arrested yesterday (October 21) along with 3,000 T-56 bullets, 32 9mm bullets and a luxury van based on a tip-off.
10. 3,560 suspects including 1,124 individuals with warrants against them were arrested following islandwide raids conducted yesterday (Oct 21).
1. At least 18 people were confirmed dead while 178 others were injured, after a passenger train derailed late Sunday afternoon (October 21) in Taiwan’s Yilan County.
1. A medal-winning Ethiopian Olympic runner, living in exile in the United States since making a protest gesture against government violence at the 2016 games, returned home on Sunday (October 21) following a series of reforms in the East African nation.
HAVE A REFORMING MONDAY !!
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 AM
03 Mar, 2019 | 07:30 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]