Written by Lethonkie Fernando
16 Oct, 2018 | 9:33 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. The Ceylon Electricity Board will be introducing a pricing formula for electricity tariffs – Power Sector Trade Unions.
2. The Prices of vegetables will continue to increase due to the low harvest obtained as a result of the adverse weather.
3. 32 mobile phones and other contraband were found in the possession of inmates after raids were carried out in prisons in October.
4. The Auditor General’s Department issued a statement that the 2017 audits confirmed that there were cases of financial misappropriation in all State-Owned Enterprises.
Following audits carried out for the year 2017, the Auditor General Department issued a statement that financial misappropriations were detected in all state-owned enterprises of the country.
5. The Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development stated that the daily consumption of kerosene oil has doubled up due to its large-scale misuse. Accordingly, over 700 metric tonnes are released daily to the market.
6. A landslide that occurred yesterday (October 16) plunged 4 houses and a section of the Hatton-Balangoda road into the Castlereigh reservoir. 23 people were evacuated to safety.
7. A special meeting of the SLFP’s central committee is scheduled to be held today (October 16) at the official residence of President Maithripala Sirisena.
8. A new classroom complex for the Sindathrimatha Primary School in Kalpitiya built under the Gammadda 1000 projects initiative, was handed over to the children yesterday (October 15).
9. World Food Day 2018 is celebrated across the globe today (October 16) themed “Our actions are our future. A zero hunger world by 2030 is possible.”
10. Veteran Singer, Professor Amara Ranathunga has passed away at the age of 79.
1. Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, the man who persuaded school-friend Bill Gates to drop out of Harvard to start what became the world’s biggest software company, died on Monday (October 15)at the age of 65.
1. Parami Wasanthi Maristela Fernando claimed victory with a Bronze medal at the Youth Olympic Games in Bueno’s Aires, Argentina yesterday (October 15). She made history as the first Sri Lankan female youth athlete to win a medal at the Youth Olympics.
HAVE A VICTORIOUS TUESDAY!!!
05 Jul, 2019 | 06:50 AM
16 Jun, 2019 | 12:06 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]