Written by Lethonkie Fernando
08 Oct, 2018 | 10:53 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. Former State Minister, Vijayakala Maheswaran was arrested a short while ago by the Police Organized Crimes Division over her recent comments on the LTTE organization.
2. The licenses of Central Investments and Finance PLC (CIFL) and The Standard Credit Finance Limited (TSCFL) have been canceled by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. The two finance companies had deposits of about Rs. 6.1 billion.
3. President Maithripala Sirisena left the island early today (October 08) on an official visit to Seychelles with a delegation of 18.
4. The Department of Examinations stated that it is possible to appeal for the revaluation of the Grade 05 scholarship examinations till the 20th of October.
5. The death toll due to the prevailing weather conditions has increased to 4 casualties while nearly 400 people in the Colombo district, have been affected.
6. The Ceylon Today reported that almost 2.3 million people of Sri Lanka were undernourished in the year 2017.
7. The tenure of the Central Provincial Council ends today (October 08). The authority of the provincial council will be handed over to the Governor of the province.
8. Air Force Group captain Channa Dissanayake, Sri Lanka’s defense attache in Moscow was recalled to Colombo based on an official complaint by Sri Lanka’s new ambassador in Moscow, Dr. Dayan Jayathilleke.
9. The Army stated that 1200 soldiers have been kept on standby due to the prevailing weather.
10. Four faculties of the Rajarata University that temporarily closed down due to the drought conditions will reopen today (October 08).
1. China has confirmed it is detaining the missing head of Interpol, Meng Hongwei. Beijing said he was under investigation by the country’s anti-corruption body for unspecified breaches of the law.
1. Khabib Nurmagomedov apologizes for inciting a post-fight brawl after defending his lightweight belt against UFC star Conor McGregor on Saturday (October 6).
17 Mar, 2019 | 10:14 AM
03 Mar, 2019 | 07:30 AM
Please contact us at [email protected]