Written by Nathasha De Alwis
05 Oct, 2018 | 9:25 am
COLOMBO (News 1st)
1. The results of the Grade five scholarship exams are to be released today (October 05).
2. The Sri Lankan rupee fell to an all-time low of 171.42 per dollar yesterday (October 04).
3. The Peliyagoda interchange on the Colombo Katunayake Expressway temporarily closed till the 20th of this month.
4. Deputy Minister Ranjan Ramanayake writes to the ICC to seek clarification regarding the eligibility of Thilanga Sumathipala to hold office at Sri Lanka Cricket.
5. The Secretary of Defence of Pakistan, Retired Lieutenant General Ikram Ul Haq called on the Chief of Defence Staff, Admiral Ravindra Wijegunaratne.
7. A 2016 report of the Employee’s Provident Fund reveals that a loss of Rs. 8449 Million has been incurred after EPF money was invested in the stock market in 2015 and 2016.
8. Police arrest two more suspects in connection to the Beruwala shooting.
9. President Maithripala Sirisena issues instructions to release lands legally owned by the people of the North and East before the 31st of December.
10. Secretary of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources Development Upali Marasinghe states an additional Rs. 4 billion is spent each month for Fuel.
1. The United States indicted seven Russian intelligence officers for conspiring to hack computers and steal data in a bid to delegitimize international anti-doping organizations.
1. Former England opener Nick Compton has announced his retirement from the game.
23 Aug, 2019 | 09:26 PM
23 Aug, 2019 | 10:00 AM
Please contact us at [email protected]