Female elephant electrocuted in Puwakpitiya

Female elephant electrocuted in Puwakpitiya

Written by Staff Writer

02 Oct, 2018 | 2:57 pm

COLOMBO (News 1st) – A female elephant died after coming in to contact with an unprotected electricity cable in Puwakpitiya, Habarana last afternoon (October 01).

The News 1st correspondent in the area said the elephant had roamed into the area from the Hurulu Eco park.

Wildlife Officers said the elephant had come in to contact with an electricity cable that was set up for the protection of crops.

Investigations into the incident are underway.

 

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]