Written by Lethonkie Fernando
15 Aug, 2018 | 8:01 am
COLOMBO (News 1st) –
1. International media reports claim that the ‘Banknote Printing and Minting Corporation’ of China successfully won contracts to print currencies from several countries including Sri Lanka. CBSL denied these allegations.
2. Cabinet decides to appoint a special commission to increase salaries of the public sector employees in order to resolve the salary anomalies in certain sectors.
3. All Ceylon Private Bus workers Association (ACPBWA) to launch a strike from midnight today (August 15). The strike will be carried out to oppose the new fines imposed for violating road rules.
4. Ma Oya has been contaminated with toner ink. The area residents have been employed by a local company in the area to wash discarded toner cartridges.
5. Female inmates of the Welikada prison has called off the protest following discussions with officials of the Justice Ministry.
6. Following the transfer of Post Master General Rohana Abeyratne, Polonnaruwa District Secretary Ranjith Ariyaratne has been appointed as the new Post Master General (PMG).
7. Colombo has been ranked the 130th world’s fastest growing city from among 140 countries. In the year 2017, it was ranked as the 124th city.
8. Minister Ranjith Siyambalapitiya states that cabinet approval has been granted to construct three liquid natural gas power plants (LNG) in Sri Lanka within the coming week.
1. A car collision on security barriers outside the London’s parliament building yesterday (August 14) injured two people.
1. Sri Lanka bagged a victory of three wickets against South Africa at the T 20 match held yesterday (August 14) at the R. Premadasa stadium.
16 Jan, 2019 | 08:49 PM
09 Jan, 2019 | 08:35 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]