Written by Keshala Dias
29 May, 2018 | 12:49 pm
The four-year hunt for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 has ended with the latest, privately funded search coming to a close.
Malaysia said last week the search by Texas-based Ocean Infinity would end on Tuesday (May 29) after two extensions of the original 90-day time limit.
Australian Transport Minister Michael McCormack said the four-year search had been the largest in aviation history and tested the limits of technology and the capacity of experts and people at sea.
Australia, Malaysia and China agreed in 2016 that an official search would only resume if the three countries had credible evidence that identified a specific location for the wreckage.
The plane disappeared on 8 March 2014 while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board.
04 Jul, 2019 | 11:59 AM
03 Jul, 2019 | 06:12 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]