Written by Staff Writer
13 Nov, 2016 | 12:30 pm
Today, November 13, marks World Kindness Day. A global 24-hour celebration dedicated to taking forward and focusing on the good.
World Kindness Day, is a global initiative to spread compassion and make the world a better place.
The day was established to increase the value of kindness in society as well as increase the amount of considerate acts that take place nationwide, making good will a greater part of day to day life.
Practicing kindness doesn’t have to be complicated. It can begin with just a simple act.
Following are some inspiration to get you started :
1. Smile : Research has shown that the simple act of smiling at strangers is good for you, and the stranger.
2. Say a kind word : Sometimes all that’s needed to turn someone’s day around is a kind word.
3. Listen : Sit back and listen for a change.
4. Give your time : The most valuable gift you can give is your time, whether to a neighbor in need of some lawn work help or by donating your time to a local non-profit.
5. Reach out : Often the closest people in our lives are the ones we take for granted the most. Call, text, email, or visit loved ones you haven’t reached out to in a while.
“When we feel love and kindness toward others, it not only makes others feel loved and cared for, but it helps us also to develop inner happiness and peace.”
15 Oct, 2016 | 06:46 PM
17 Oct, 2019 | 10:40 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]