Written by Bella Dalima
17 Oct, 2014 | 4:04 pm
A holidaymaker was left horrified after discovering a tropical spider had burrowed underneath his skin during a trip to Bali.
Dylan Thomas was abroad with friends when he discovered the strange red trail stretching two inches across his stomach.
The 21-year-old Australian was told by doctors at the Bali International Medical Centre that he was suffering from an allergic reaction to an insect bite and was sent away with some antihistamine cream.
But three days later, when the red mark began to blister, and almost double in length, Mr Thomas knew there was something wrong.
After going back to the medical centre to see a dermatologist, health professionals were shocked to discover that a tropical spider was burrowing just below the surface of his skin.
Doctors managed to extract the spider from Thomas’ abdomen and revealed that the insect had buried itself into the scar from his recent appendix removal.
13 Feb, 2020 | 12:14 PM
02 Jan, 2020 | 12:03 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]