Written by Bella Dalima
02 May, 2014 | 10:06 pm
Three people were injured when a battery-powered torch exploded inside a house in Berandeniya, Meddekanda in Balangoda on Friday. A spokesperson for the Balangoda Hospital said that the injured were given preliminary treatment at the hospital before being transferred to the Ratnapura hospital.
A father and his two children were injured in the explosion. The fourteen-year-old son who was injured in the explosion had discovered the torch in front of the doorway, when he opened the main door of their home on Friday morning. He had picked up the torch and brought it to his father in the kitchen.
Our reporter says the torch exploded when it was switched on. The fourteen-year-old son, the father and twenty-four-year-old daughter were injured in the incident.
Police suspect that the torch was intentionally rigged to explode and was placed in front of the house.
29 Mar, 2021 | 05:40 PM
10 Mar, 2021 | 07:07 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]