Written by News 1st
31 Mar, 2014 | 9:34 am
As the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 turned up fresh potential clues, dozens of anguished Chinese relatives on Sunday demanded that Malaysia provide them with evidence on the fate of their loved ones aboard the missing Boeing 777.
Relatives of the 239 people on board the plane have complained about receiving mixed messages.
Earlier this week, they heard this: “All lives are lost.”
But Saturday, a Malaysian official met with relatives and then told reporters he had not closed the door on the hope of relatives that survivors may exist among the 239 people aboard the Boeing 777-200 ER that went missing March 8.
Malaysia’s acting transportation minister, Hishammuddin Hussein said:
[quote]Even hoping against hope, no matter how remote, of course, we are praying and we will continue our search for the possible survivors.[/quote]
[quote]More than that, I told the families I cannot give them false hope. The best we can do is pray and that we must be sensitive to them that, as long as there is even a remote chance of a survivor, we will pray and do whatever it takes.[/quote]
Chinese relatives in Kuala Lumpur told CNN that Malaysian authorities are restricting their movement and access to information.
When a briefing for them was not held Saturday, the Chinese relatives said they were deterred from attending a briefing for Maylasian relatives. They ended up talking to a Malaysia Airlines official after the briefing.
In Beijing on Saturday, some of the relatives of the missing vented their anguish in the streets.
Wen Wancheng, 63, whose only son was among the passengers yelled,
[quote]They’re all still alive, my son and everyone on board! The plane is still there, too! They’re hiding it.[/quote]
14 Aug, 2019 | 03:26 PM
16 Mar, 2019 | 03:20 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]