Written by Staff Writer
23 Mar, 2023 | 3:19 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); Several leaders of opposition political parties in Sri Lanka led by Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa met with Ambassadors and Delegates representing 12 countries in Colombo on Wednesday (22) evening.
According to reports, the objective of the meeting was to discuss the current state of affairs in Sri Lanka.
The discussion was mainly focused on Sri Lanka's Democracy, Constitution, and the Local Government Election.
The Opposition Leader had requested the foreign missions to extend support to Sri Lanka Internationally.
The foreign diplomats who attended the meeting, according to the office of the opposition leader, were:
– Sarah Hulton, High Commissioner, High Commission of the United Kingdom in Sri Lanka
– Denis Chaibi, Ambassador, Delegation of the European Union in Sri Lanka
– Michael Appleton, High Commissioner, New Zealand High Commission in Sri Lanka
– Julie J Chung, Ambassador, Embassy of the United States of America in Sri Lanka
– Anouk Baron, Deputy Ambassador, Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Sri Lanka
– Dr Francesco Perale, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Italy in Sri Lanka
– Vinod Jacob, Deputy High Commissioner, High Commission of the Republic of India in Sri Lanka
– Katsuki Kotaro, Minister/Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of Japan in Sri Lanka
– Lalita Kapur, Deputy High Commissioner, Australian High Commission in Sri Lanka
– Aurélien MAILLET, Deputy Head of Mission, Embassy of France in Sri Lanka
– Daniel Blood, Counsellor (Political), High Commission of Canada in Sri Lanka
– Ozaki Takeshi, First Secretary, Embassy of Japan in Sri Lanka.
However, in Parliament on Thursday (23), Government Minister Prasanna Ranatunga alleged that the opposition had met with the foreign diplomats to request them to add more pressure to impose tough conditions on Sri Lanka's IMF bailout package.
However, the opposition dismissed these claims and noted the meeting was merely to discuss the present situation in the country, especially with regard to delaying the Local Government Election.
04 Jun, 2023 | 05:32 PM
04 Jun, 2023 | 12:41 PM
04 Jun, 2023 | 10:46 AM
04 Jun, 2023 | 09:59 AM
25 May, 2023 | 05:36 AM
03 Jun, 2023 | 03:41 PM
01 Jun, 2023 | 01:44 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]
News 1st, MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd, MBC Networks (Pvt) Ltd, 45/3, Braybrooke Street, Colombo-02.
T.P : +94 114 792 700, Fax : +94 114 792 733
Copyright © 2019 MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd | Web Design by 3CS
T.P : +94 114 792 700
Fax : +94 114 792 733
Copyright © 2019 MTV Channel (Pvt) Ltd
Web Design by 3CS