Written by Amani Nilar
13 Aug, 2022 | 10:36 am
COLOMBO (News 1st); The Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL), has established the Stakeholder Engagement Committee (SEC) by replacing the Monetary Policy Consultative Committee (MPCC) and the Financial System Stability Consultative Committee (FSSCC) of the CBSL that were in operation previously.
The Stakeholder Engagement Committee has been appointed with a view to broadening its engagement with key
stakeholders of the economy.
The SEC is Chaired by Prof. Sirimal Abeyratne, Professor in Economics, Department of Economics, University of Colombo and comprises the 17 eminent personalities from the private sector and academia as members.
The high-level consultative Committee has been tasked with representing the views and sentiments of the private sector and academia on economic conditions and the outlook, considering the overall economic development, particularly in the monetary and financial sectors of the economy.
Further, the SEC is expected to provide feedback from the viewpoint of the stakeholders of the economy on the policy measures adopted by the CBSL, thus enabling the CBSL to make informed policy decisions in a more consultative manner.
The inaugural meeting of the SEC was held on 10th August 2022 at the CBSL premises with the participation of the Governor of the CBSL, Dr. P. Nandalal Weerasinghe, and senior CBSL officials.
The members of the SEC are as follows;
– Ashique M Ali, Chairman, Sri Lanka Association for Software Services Companies
– Kapila P Ariyaratne, Chairman, Sri Lanka Banks’ Association
– Sanjaya Bandara, President, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Sri Lanka
– Dhamitha Cooke, Chief Financial Officer, Stassen Group of Companies
– Priyanga Dunusinghe, Senior Lecturer, Department of Economics, University of Colombo
– Priantha Fernando, Chairman, Sri Lanka Tourism Development Authority
– Murtaza Jafferjee, Chairman, Advocata Institute
– Christopher Joshua, Managing Director, Access Engineering PLC
– Rohan Masakorala, Founder, Shippers’ Academy Colombo (Pvt) Ltd
– Reyaz Mihular, Non-Executive Chairman, Bairaha Farms PLC
– Ashroff Omar, Chief Executive Officer, Brandix Lanka Limited
– Lakshman Silva, Former Chief Executive Officer, DFCC Bank PLC
– Rohan Tennakoon, Chairman, Finance Houses Association of Sri Lanka
– Rajendra Theagarajah, Past Chairman, Ceylon Chamber of Commerce
– Prof. Lakshman R Watawala, President, Institute of Certified Management Accountants of Sri Lanka
– Ganeshan Wignaraja, Senior Research Associate
– Anushka Wijesinha, Economist and Co-Founder, Centre for a Smart Future.
30 Sep, 2022 | 09:59 PM
30 Sep, 2022 | 06:09 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]