CEB incurred Rs. 350 Million LOSS due to Blackout

CEB incurred Rs. 350 Million LOSS due to Blackout

Written by Amani Nilar

06 Dec, 2021 | 5:37 am

COLOMBO (News 1st); The losses incurred by the Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) has increased five-fold, says its General Manager R.M. Ranatunga.

Speaking to News 1st, the General Manager said that the CEB had faced losses of up to Rs. 350 million rupees due to the recent blackout.

The generators at the Norochcholai Lakvijaya Power Plant failed as the country experienced a blackout this week.

A decision was then made to cut-off electricity supply to some areas for an hour between 6 pm and 9:30 pm for several days.

Although the CEB previously said that there will be no power cuts on Sunday (05), the CEB General Manager R.M. Ranatunga said that power cuts will take place as previously announced from Monday (06).

Furthermore, he said that the power supply can be provided without interruptions from Wednesday (08).

The General Manager also said that he believes that one unit at the Norochcholai Power Plant can be connected to the National Power Grid.

Latest News

Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]