Written by Staff Writer
26 Sep, 2021 | 11:34 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st) Venerable Omalpe Sobitha Thero who serves as a Chief Sanghanayake in the Sri Lanka Amarapura Sect has written to the President noting that the health ministry is trying to protect those involved in the data scam instead of exposing them to the country.
The letter contains five main points. It says;
1) The people won’t see justice through investigations as the pharmaceutical mafia and the relevant authority are working together. The investigation into the loss of data from the government’s cloud server must be done after removing the authority from the state ministry.
2) Lack of interest to buy widely accepted vaccines at low rates instead of buying Chinese vaccines with low demand at high rates.
3) The State Pharmaceuticals Corporation is purchasing Chinese vaccines at a high cost and entering into agreements that prevent the people from knowing the actual cost.
4) Not granting permission for local companies that are capable of producing the required vaccines and medicines.
5) Issues in the administration of the health service as these dealings have taken place without following the process in the state ministry of pharmaceuticals and the health ministry.
The letter stresses that the National Medicines Regulatory Authority must protect the people.
Ven. Omalpe Sobitha Thero noted that government members are expressing conflicting views over the deletion of files and this exposed a massive scam.
27 Oct, 2021 | 11:24 AM
27 Oct, 2021 | 08:12 AM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]