Written by Zulfick Farzan
06 Aug, 2021 | 10:45 am
COLOMBO (News 1st); Sri Lanka’s Health Ministry in a recent document has announced how the Integrated Home-Based Isolation and Management of Asymptomatic & Mild Symptomatic COVID-19 patients will take place.
The process is as follows :
01. The MOH in the area will be responsible for the triaging of positive individuals who need home-based care and who need institutional care.
02. Those eligible for home-based care:
– Should be between the ages of 02 & 65
– Should be isolated in a well ventilated separate room with adequate washroom facilities
– Should not have uncontrolled comorbidities such as morbid obesity, diabetes, hypertension, chronic (Heart / Lung / Renal ) conditions
– Should not be suffering from immunocompromised status or not on long term immunosuppressive therapy
– Should have adequate self-care or caregiver support at home
– Should have proper communication facilities and ability to communicate
– Should have given informed consent
03. The area MOH will register eligible individuals in the ‘Patient Home Isolation and Management System’.
The responsibility of the patient will be handed over to the Call Center and Medical Care Team through the PHIM system.
04. Teams will be supervised by the Consultant Family Physicians.
05. Call Center will coordinate with the patient and the medical care team assigned for home care management.
An assigned Medical Officer in the team will conduct an initial assessment and daily monitoring of the patient.
06. Findings will be recorded in PHIM System.
07. Medical care team will continue to monitor for symptoms using various parameters.
08. Patients requiring hospitalization will be identified early and will be handed over to a Specialist Medical Officer who will arrange transportation of the patient to the hospital.
REFER TO EXTENDED GUIDELINES BELOW :
16 Aug, 2022 | 05:18 PM
26 Jul, 2022 | 06:16 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]