Written by Zulfick Farzan
04 Aug, 2021 | 1:22 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); Traffic congestion is reported along Galle Road as protesting teachers and principals obstructed the road opposite the Presidential Secretariat in Colombo on Wednesday (04) afternoon.
Teachers and Principals have been protesting for almost 24 days all around the country, in an unprecedented show of force.
On the 12th of July, Fourteen trade unions representing teachers and principals went on strike despite calls from the government to give up their trade union action and continue with teaching activities.
The Trade Unions representing Teachers and Principals are making the following key demands :
01. Permanent solution to the perennial salary anomaly issue.
02. Immediate withdrawal of the Kotelawala Defence University Bill
03. Allocation of 6% of GDP for education
04. Permanent solutions to service issues faced by Principals and Teachers.
05. System for Extra-Curricular Activities attended by Teachers and Principals
21 Sep, 2021 | 07:09 PM
21 Sep, 2021 | 05:26 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]