Written by Staff Writer
01 Aug, 2021 | 4:44 pm
COLOMBO (News 1st); Teachers and Principals gathered in large numbers across multiple places in the country as they intensify their strike action for the 21st day.
A large turnout was experienced in the Nuwara Eliya Town.
On the 12th of July, Fourteen trade unions representing teachers and principals went on strike despite calls from the government to give up their trade union action and continue with teaching activities.
The Trade Unions representing Teachers and Principals are making the following key demands :
01. Permanent solution to the perennial salary anomaly issue.
02. Immediate withdrawal of the Kotelawala Defence University Bill
03. Allocation of 6% of GDP for education
04. Permanent solutions to service issues faced by Principals and Teachers.
05. System for Extra-Curricular Activities attended by Teachers and Principals
23 Sep, 2021 | 07:40 PM
23 Sep, 2021 | 06:08 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]