Written by Zulfick Farzan
25 Jun, 2021 | 11:41 am
COLOMBO (News 1st); Opposition Leader Sajith Premadasa on Friday (25) said he expects the President, in his address to the nation, to focus on six main issues faced by the people in the country.
01. The opposition leader called for the decision to hike fuel prices to be reversed in the President’s address to the nation.
02. Sajith Premadasa also pointed out that the decision taken to immediately move towards the usage of organic fertilizer had made the farmer community helpless, and he urged for this decision to be implemented in a more streamlined manner where there will be no shortage for any harvesting season.
03. In addition, he urged for government intervention to provide proper compensation to the fishing community affected by the X-Press Pearl disaster while calling for a sustainable approach towards protecting the marine environment.
04. Further, he expects the President in his speech to immediately address the issues surrounding Online Education by allocating funds for this purpose rather than focusing on unnecessary expenses.
05. As his fifth point, the opposition leader pointed out that government intervention in COVID-19 vaccination is weak as 600,000 people are still waiting for the second dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine while the 16 million vaccination drive of the government is also lethargic.
He further pointed out that the number of PCR tests carried out in the country is also dropped and that too needs to be addressed.
06. Sajith Premadasa also went on to note that the Rs. 5000/- allowance is not sufficient for the people to survive and expects the president to address this issue by providing proper financial strength to the people.
03 Aug, 2021 | 01:18 AM
02 Aug, 2021 | 06:15 PM
Are you interested in advertising on our website or video channel
Please contact us at [email protected]